PPN maintains the most up to date clinical guidelines for diagnosing PANS and PANDAS. These include published criteria, symptoms associated with PANS and PANDAS, and additional tools to help health care providers navigate evaluating their patients. Guidelines will always be based on published information and further refined and explained by the Guidelines & Therapeutics Committee.
PANS PANDAS Symptoms
Experiencing an acute and dramatic onset of obsessions and compulsions.
RESTRICTIVE EATING DISORDER
Experiencing an acute and dramatic onset of restricted intake of specific foods or all food groups. Fluid intake may also be affected.
PLUS additional symptoms from at least 2 of the following categories:
* Anxiety and/or separation anxiety
* Emotional Lability and/or depression
* Irritability, aggression, and/or severe oppositional behaviors
* Behavioral regression
* Deterioration in school performance
* Sensory or motor abnormalities (including tics)
* Somatic signs and symptoms (including sleep disturbances or urinary frequency